Karaoke Competition Conditions of Entry
Download The rules and conditions of entry
These rules and conditions of entry apply to the
“The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition”.
By entering this competition entrants are bound by these ‘Conditions of Entry’.
The organisers of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” reserve the right to determine an entrant’s eligibility over and above these Conditions of Entry. No correspondence will be entered into. All decisions will be final.
All Entrants must pay a $5 donation to SIDS & Kids for each Heat they enter. Any Entrant Not Paying the Donation will NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY PRIZES OR MONEY.
- Who can enter:
- All entrants must be, at the time of entry into the competition (and subject to the entry conditions & requirements below)
- 18 years and over
- An Australian Citizen (a permanent resident is not an Australian Citizen and is not eligible to enter)
- A solo and amateur performer
- An amateur is defined as someone who meets ALL of the following criteria and a) Has not earned more than $25,000 as a singer in a year (proof may be required) NOTE: Someone who is a Karaoke host and not paid specifically to sing is eligible so long as they meet all of the other Conditions & requirements:
- Does not have a signed contract as a singer and does not have a recording contract
- Does not have online profile claiming themselves to be a professional singer. The organisers of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” reserve the right to make the final decision regarding online profile including, but not limited to, websites and social media, over and above this criteria
- If an entrant meets the above criteria and performs occasionally, used to perform or has a CD release
- They cannot enter the competition at a venue that is hosting the competition where they have performed in the last twelve (12) months (singing karaoke and jam nights excluded)
- They cannot have previously attained national profile by way of a solo career or as a member of a band or have had an extraordinary performance career
- ) If they have a CD or recordings available to the public, they must have paid for the entire production themselves, e.g. it is not due to the result of a recording contract
- Employees (as per definition below) of the following are not eligible to enter the competition
- JD’s Karaoke & Entertainment
- Karaoke businesses subcontracting to JD’s Karaoke & Entertainment
- Employees of participating venues cannot enter the competition at the venue where they work. If they wish they may enter at another participating venue. Past employees of a participating venue must have left the employment of the venue by 31st December, 2014 to be eligible to enter at the same venue.
Definition of an Employee – Anindividual who works, casual, part-time or full-time under a contract of employment, whether oral or written, express or implied, and has recognized rights and duties, or as a subcontractor by the associated business
- Direct Family Members (as per definition below) of employees (as per definition above) cannot enter the competition where their family works. They may enter the competition at another participating venue.
Definition of Direct Family Members – Someone’s spouse (defactos or married), parents and grandparents,childrenand grandchildren, brothers and sisters, mother in law and father in law, brothers in law and sisters in law, daughters in law and sons in law. Adopted, half, and step members, fiancées & fiancés, boyfriends, girlfriends who lives in the same household (whether they are related or not)
- All entrants must be, at the time of entry into the competition (and subject to the entry conditions & requirements below)
- Entry Conditions
- All entries are subject to the competition’s full Conditions of Entry. If an entrant is unsure of their position, they must contact JD of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” either via jdskaraoke.com.au or email@example.com for verification
- Contestants may enter at any participating venue during the competition series until they have won a heat. Once they have won a heat, they may not enter the same competition at another venue whilst the competition is still in progress at the venue where they have won a heat
- Once a contestant has won a venue final they will immediately secure their place in the Grand Final. They may not enter the competition again at venue level at another venue
- If a contestant is unsuccessful in a venue final, they may enter at another participating venue once their initial venue competition is over and they are no longer in the competition
- Venues may require a minimum attendance of contestants during the heats. It is the entrant’s responsibility to check JD’s Karaoke regarding individual venue requirements
- The organisers reserve the right to disqualify any contestant whose manner, or that of their associates, is disrespectful towards other singers, co-ordinators, sponsors and organisers of the event. No correspondence will be entered into
- Entry Requirements
- All entrants are responsible for ensuring they are fit for the Grand Final
- The organisers reserve the right to make the final decision regarding an entrant’s eligibility over and above these conditions of entry. Entrants may be asked to sign legal documents and provide proof of eligibility
- All issues regarding an entrant’s eligibility must be addressed, clarified and cleared 7 days prior to Grand Finals. Proof of claim will be required
- Grand Final Prize Package
- The venue winners will be responsible for all costs, but not limited to, travel costs to and from home town to Grand Final venue, travel insurance (if required), food, drinks and any additional travel, including but not limited to, any costs incurred during their trip to compete as Finalist at the Grand Final of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition”
- Any additional travellers to “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” will travel entirely at their own expense
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash. Venue final winners are required to attend the Grand Final. Entrants who do not attend their respective finals will forfeit any prizes not already presented to them
- The Grand Final Winner is required to attend the Grand Final of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition for 2016”
- All details and conditions of prizes provided by Venues are at the sole discretion of the Venues. The Organisers accept no responsibility regarding these prizes.
- Some prizes will be awarded as vouchers. It is the responsibility of winners to look after these prize vouchers. Lost or mutilated vouchers cannot be replaced under any circumstances.
- All prize winners are responsible for the cost of transporting their physical prizes home
- Competition Format
- Heats will be held at various venues across Queensland. Variations may occur at certain venues including, but not limited to, the number of heats conducted, the number of entrants selected at each heat and the number of representatives sent to the Grand Final. All variations, including but not limited to, the number of representatives sent from each venue to a Grand Final, are at the sole discretion of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” organisers only.
- Three (3) winner of each Venue final will be eligible to contest the 2015 Grand Final.
- Contestants may sing any song of their choice during the heats and venue finals. It is the sole discretion of each venue and karaoke operator as to how many songs will be performed in their venue final.
- It is the sole discretion of the organisers as to how many songs will be performed by each contestant at the Grand Final.
- It is the organiser’s decision as to how often a song can be sung by different contestants in any Venue or Grand Final. Having reached this level, contestants should have a small repertoire of songs at the ready and register their songs 1/2 hour before the start time.
- Venues and karaoke operators may conduct their heats and finals in a manner that suits their own venue. At all times they are requested to adhere to these ‘Conditions of Entry’ & “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” judging criteria & conduct their heats and finals in a fair manner.
- All contestants are responsible for their own travel & accommodation costs to and from all heats, venue finals & grand final
- Contestants are permitted to use their own karaoke discs as long as they are original discs, are clean and not scratched. Pirated discs, audio discs, digital formats and digital formats moved to disc will not be accepted at Heats, Venue Finals or Grand Final. CDG formats are permitted. No responsibility will be accepted by the organisers for formats not being available in all venues and finals, nor for a karaoke operator choosing to accept unacceptable formats during heats and venue finals. Please check with your karaoke operator as to their operating system. All tracks will be required to have the words appearing on the screen from Venue Finals onwards.
- Participating karaoke operators have the right to refuse the use of a contestant’s disc or song format if they feel it is in violation with pirating laws, doesn’t play on their system or is not a karaoke disc with the words appearing on the screen.
- No responsibility will be accepted for contestants’ discs at any stage of the competition.
- Judging Criteria
- It is recommended that contestants invest time and effort into their song choice and appearance at all levels.
- Judging criteria – vocal ability & expression, presentation (dress), stage presence & charisma plus entertainment value.
- It is recommended that entrants support the venue where they have won their heat. Extra points may be awarded at venue final level to those who have supported the venue and their in house karaoke show more than once. See clause 2.5.
- Judging will be on four different criteria
- Singing ability up to 10 points
- Audience captivation up to 10 points
- Stage performance up to 5 points
- Personal presentation up to 5 points
- The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” requirements
- The Grand Final winner will be required to have 4 songs prepared for “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” finals. These songs must be lodged in preferred performance order 7 days before the Grand Final. Song choices may be subject to a time limit by the organisers of the “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition”. Once submitted, the song choice and preferred performance order cannot be changed.
- The Grand Final winner will be required to adhere to the conditions of entry of the “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition”
- The Grand Final winner will be required to make themselves available for media requests for the duration of the next 12 months until the Grand Final in 2016
- The Grand Final winner will be required to sign a contract upon winning the Grand Final giving JD’s Karaoke & Entertainment full managerial rights at the standard industry commission rates for the term of their reign as the Winner of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” for management of any and all offers received during their reign as Winner of “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” including, but not limited to, performance requests, media requests. No guarantee will be given that any further offers will be made as a result of participating in or winning the “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” or from the signing of the contract.
- By entering this Competition you agree not to hold the Organisers liable for any loss, damage, illness, death, injury or claim whatsoever and to abide by the conditions of entry. Entries remain the property of the Organisers.
- Email address on entry form is optional and may be used for future marketing.
- By entering the competition you agree to your image, sound and performance from any association of your involvement of ““The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” ” being broadcast in any form at any time, both now and in the future, and you will not claim any performance rights or fees. Recordings & photographs remain the property of the organisers & photographers.
- By entering the competition you acknowledge that the organisers of the ““The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” ” are not responsible for any changes to the organization
- The organisers accept no responsibility for changes in prizes provided by sponsors and reserve the right to change the Grand Final prize package details to suit any unforeseeable changes made by sponsors
- The organisers accept no responsibility for prizes offered by venues and operators.
- Force Majeure – If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned including, but not limited to, an Act of God (fire, flood, earthquake, storm, cyclone or other natural disaster) or any other unforeseen causes beyond the control of the Promoters which affects the proper and/or safe conduct of this competition, the Promoters reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to take any action available to cancel, terminate or suspend the competition
- The official organisers of the “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” are JD’s Karaoke and Entertainment
- All decisions made by the organisers are final. No correspondence will be entered into
- The ‘Conditions of Entry’ are subject to change without notice. All changes will be posted on the official “The Madison Lyell SIDS and Kids Memorial Karaoke Competition” website – jdskaraoke.com.au